Friday, January 26, 2007

I've been having some problems with my wireless Internet connection, but I just borrowed an Ethernet cable, and I'm back in business.

I've now been in Ghent for more than a week, and I have to say I'm really settling in. My new Dutch class friends are... well, awesome, and I'm finally getting to spend a little bit more time with my housemates, and they are the friendliest people! I can now admit that I was a little bit scared coming here, not knowing a soul. And then I saw my room, and I thought for sure things were going to go down hill from there :) but things are looking up! And I'm really looking forward to the semester (it begins on the 5th of February). And the setting is pretty much perfect; every day I'm discovering new cafes and bars and tiny alleyways and amazing architecture.

Here are a few photos from Wednesday night, we were celebrating my friend's birthday until the wee hours of the morning (the morning was kind of rough as a result, but most of us still made it to class!). This is us in my little polka dotted room:



And this is us on the way to the pub, we're already in very good spirits:



And this is the drink special:



We all admitted that the process of preparing the drink was much more fun than actually drinking it... first you light the shot and then you caramelize a sugar cube over the blue flame:



And of course, I'm including some more pictures of Ghent:





No comments: