Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's been a busy week! MOCOMA classes started on Monday, and I got to meet everyone in my program. We are a diverse group from all over the world: Romania, France, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Turkey, Finland and Latvia. The professors are all Dutch native speakers, but they will be teaching in English (thank God!) and they seem to have very interesting careers and backgrounds, so I am looking forward to working with them.

My courses include: European Media Scene, Visual Literacy and Digital Storytelling (we get to make a little film!), Graphic Design, Social and Cultural Current Affairs, and of course Communications, Marketing Communications and PR.

In a week or two I'll know more about what I have gotten myself into! And of course, I'll keep you updated.

And it's been a week filled with birthdays. My Dad's big 50th was this Thursday. And then yesterday was my Mom's birthday... and mine as well! My roommates were kind enough to let me have a little birthday party at the house... it meant squeezing all of my newly acquainted friends in our tiny kitchen, so it was quite intimate. I can't speak for everyone, but I had fun!

Here are some pictures from that night (some have been taken by my friends). These first two pictures show the cramped conditions:





And here are some new friendly faces:







No birthday party would be complete without some dancing! So we went out to this place called Suite 16, which is conveniently located at the end of my street. It was pretty quiet when we first showed up around 1:30 am, but things picked up around 3 am, so we kept dancing the night away... and then it was morning!





Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Kusjes!

No comments: