Friday, March 23, 2007

I applied for my first EU jobs this week. It sort of happened by accident actually... I was surfing a Belgian website and found a link to English Jobs in Brussels, then decided to go all out and google English Jobs in the EU. The first one that caught my eye was for Google Inc. in Warsaw... I couldn't believe my luck. I was born for this position! If you don't know already, I am a huge nerd at heart, and Google is one of my favourite things in the entire world. So I quickly updated my resume and sent it along with a gushy cover letter. It's an entry level communications position... I have my fingers crossed.

(As a side note, here's a really interesting piece about Google taking over the world.)

The other position I applied for was at Maersk Inc., which is a global shipping and transportation giant. They are also looking for entry level communications staff, this time in Denmark. It's not that I have a passion for shipping, but I think there would be lots of great learning opportunities in a company such as this. And I'm sure they need lots of help developing their corporate social responsibility strategies, which is one of the most interesting aspects of PR for me.

That's all I wanted to say for now, I will post some more on the weekend!

No comments: